MajesticWineCalais.co.uk Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply only to pre-orders placed via the Majestic Wine Calais website, and not to orders placed with Majestic in the UK via the majestic.co.uk website.
- We will not sell alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to release your order if we are unsure of this.
- We cannot guarantee availability of all products at all stores. In the event that a product is unavailable when you place your order, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- Our minimum purchase is 6 standard bottles or their equivalent (9 litres) of wines and spirits, any mix. This minimum purchase does not apply to Gift Solutions packs, which are sold separately.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when you collect the goods and we process payment.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- All prices are inclusive of French duty and taxes.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Prices on the website reflect those anticipated to be in operation on the dates indicated on our website. In the event that prices are due to change between your order being placed and collection we will contact you to explain this.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- Prices are quoted in pounds sterling based on the exchange rate operational in our stores. This exchange rate applies to cash and cheque transactions only. Credit card transactions are in Euros at a rate set by your card issuer therefore we always recommend paying in sterling cash or cheque. NB you will need to bring Cash or Cheque to secure the GBP prices. If paying by sterling cheque you will need to bring the Debit Card associated with the same account and passport/driving licence.
- We are pleased to say that we are now able to accept American Express payments.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
- Majestic Wine stores in the UK cannot exchange or refund any product bought in France.
Cancellations and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition to any of our stores.
- In the event of complaint please contact the store concerned if it refers to a particular order. Alternatively e-mail [email protected] giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
Acceptance of terms
- By applying for the Privilege card and when using the Privilege card, the cardholder fully accepts the terms and conditions as detailed below, and any future changes to the terms and conditions.
- The cardholder agrees to provide their name and home address details to Majestic staff when requested. These details must match our records from when the card was originally applied for.
- The cardholder must provide a valid e-mail address and the choice as to whether Majestic may e-mail them offers (you may unsubscribe at any time if desired).
- By using the card the cardholder agrees to Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd anonymously sharing the cardholder's spend over any chosen period with the MCC or their employer, as part of a collective member/employee spend.
- Individual Privilege cardholder spend will not be disclosed to MCC or their employer unless in the case of suspected infringement of terms and conditions and where necessary.
- The Privilege cardholder agrees that this information will be held by Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd.
Authorised use, ordering, exemptions
- A valid Majestic Privilege card must be shown to Majestic staff prior to purchase, or if goods are delivered, at the point of delivery.
- When ordering online you need to be registered and logged in to majestic.co.uk using the email address shown on this card.
- When logged into to Majestic.co.uk using the email address shown on this card the Privilege card discount will automatically be applied to your trolley.
- The Majestic Privilege card has no monetary value, is strictly non-transferable and is only to be used for reasonable personal purchases by Members or employees only - not family, friends or other third parties.
- Reasonable personal purchases is defined as up to £500 of goods per calendar month. For exceptions to this please email [email protected]
- Products containing alcohol can only be sold and delivered to people aged 18 or over.
- The Majestic Privilege card is only valid to purchase goods in England, Wales, Scotland, Calais and Coquelle stores Majestic Wine Warehouses stores or via majestic.co.uk The Majestic Privilege card is not valid at or at Lay and Wheeler.
- The Majestic Privilege card is not redeemable with any extra deals.
- The Majestic Privilege card is valid for purchases made by the card holder only.
- All products are offered subject to both availability and the prevailing terms and conditions at the time of purchase.
- No discount will be given on any applicable (or supplementary) delivery charges.
- Mainland UK delivery is free on any six bottles of wine, Champagne or spirits. If a next or nominated day delivery is chosen, the order will incur an extra delivery cost.
- Occasionally there may be some products where no further discount will be given, and you will be advised of this at the time of purchase.
- Goods must be paid for in full at time of purchase by cash credit / debit card.
- For all sale or return products, or items which require a refundable deposit, both the original invoice and original method of payment must be produced in order to be credited.
- Majestic retains the right to refuse to accept an order.
- Privilege card is not valid with any other vouchers or promotions.
- Privelege card cannot be used in conjunction with pre-order discount or free travel offer at Majestic Wine Calais.
- At all times the Privilege card remains the property of Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd and must be returned to them, if requested in writing.
- The Privilege card becomes invalid after the expiry date printed on the front.
- The Privilege cardholder must inform Majestic Wine via email at [email protected] of any changes to surname or home address details.
- Should the Privilege cardholder cease to be an employee of the afore mentioned companies or no longer be a full time member of the MCC the card must be destroyed and an email notification sent to [email protected]
- This website is operated by Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd, Majestic House, The Belfry, Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH on behalf of Les Celliers de Calais SAS au capital de €38.112,25. Registered address: Siege social: Rue de Judee, Zone Marcel Doret, 62100 Calais, France (RCS Calais B 390 900 215, No SIRET: 390 900 215 00018, TVA: FR48 390 900 215). Les Celliers de Calais SAS and Majestic Wine Warehouses are subsidiaries of Majestic Wine PLC, Majestic House, Otterspool Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 8WW.